We arrived back home in San Francisco late last Friday after a bittersweet goodbye to Europe. While I have many more posts to share with you guys from our travels, I’m fast forwarding to our last stop, which was Berlin, Germany. We were lucky because our hotel, Das Stue, was situated directly across from the Tiergarten and overlooking the Berlin Zoo. That meant our mornings were spent walking through the lush green park, bundled up with our coffee in hand.
Some of our favorite moments and things to do in Berlin-
- Take a walk through the Tiergarten and end up at Victory Column
- Head on over to Brandenburg Gate, on the edge of the Tiergarten, and then walk to some great shopping on Friedrichstraße
- See the Berliner Dom, particularly in the evening when it’s all lit up
- Spend an afternoon in the charming neighborhood of Prenzlauer Berg- get brunch at Betty’n Caty and then walk over to the Mitte (where we had lunch at Daluma with friends)
- Another notable neighborhood is Graefekiez in Kreuzberg, give yourself time to just wander around and discover all the little cool shops and cafes- trust me, it’s not hard to stumble upon a handful
- We had a late lunch at Roamers and then hopped in a cab to the East Side Gallery, which was the perfect end to our Berlin trip
Towards the end of our trip, layering was definitely key since the weather dropped a good 30 degrees. I wore these feminine Reiss pieces- top and skirt– that perfectly complimented each other and softened my otherwise all black look. You can check out more of my favorite pieces from Reiss below.
A big thank you to Reiss for sponsoring this post.